Thursday, August 1, 2013

Just an Alter-ego.

While I'm looking at my facebook, checking some recent posts from my friends I found a youtube video of a  girl singing a song by Pink, "Just give me a reason".  She got full round lips covered with red lipstick, messy hair, and she sounded so terrible...so ugly.  She's a WEIRDO. She's out of tune and didn't even know the lyrics of the song. She's so quirky, comically talent-less, and egotistical. I even told myself: "Crazyy! Shabu pa! Maybe this girl is high in drugs". Ohhh, scaryyyy!

 I got curious about her, I tried to look for her other videos, and I got a lot! She has a lot of music videos, tutorials and vlogs on youtube. And I got to know that her name is Miranda Sings. All her videos were insane, that made her famous  in United States of America. This girl must be crazy. 


Miranda Sings

One day, I just found out that she is just an Internet character created by Colleen Ballinger (her real name). Colleen is an American comedian, actress and singer. She created the character as a satire of the many bad but egotistical singers who believe that posting their videos on YouTube will lead to them breaking into show business. She told The Times of London, "There were a lot of cocky girls who thought they were really talented, and they weren't. They were so rude and snotty, it drove me nuts. Then I saw all these girls trying to make a career out of putting videos on YouTube ... clueless to the fact that they were terrible. The characters were so ridiculous, I wanted to make one of my own." 

Colleen Ballinger, creator/alter-ego of Miranda.



If you feel sad, alone, or even bored to death, you better watch her videos and you'll end up laughing so hard. Catch her on Youtube: mirandasings08

No comments:

Post a Comment